Thoughtful Valentine’s Day Gifts
Thoughtful Valentine’s Day gifts are unique and meaningful. Here are a few favorites for your significant other, kids, and anyone else you want to bless with something they’ll treasure for years to come. In fact, these gifts would be ideal for just about any gift-giving occasion.
My husband and I were together for almost 6 years before we got married, and we were married for almost 9 years before we had Robyn, our only child. During that time we had 15 chances for romantic Valentine’s Days (if you count the one 3 days before she was born when I was nesting and cleaning like mad between stopping to breathe through Braxton Hicks contractions).
I think we got a babysitter in her early days, but once she was old enough to know what Valentine’s Day was, it just seemed natural to include her in the festivities. Every year we’d have a special dinner out and exchange trinkets and cards. And chocolate. There was always chocolate.
Now she’s almost 31, married, and living an hour away. And we still always exchange little gifts and chocolate. But over the years I think we’ve gotten a little boring. Same chocolate bar and same Shoebox greeting card (well, not the same card, obviously, but you get my point). It’s boring and so common.
This year I want to do something different, and I know exactly what I’m going to do. I wanted to share it with you, as well as some other great ideas to inspire you to give creative and thoughtful Valentine’s Day gifts that will never be considered boring or common.
SHHHHH! Don’t Tell Them!
1. I just think these Tiny Books from Social Print Studio are the most adorable things! These little cuties come in sets of three, and stick together (or to your fridge) with magnets.
And three is exactly what I need! One for my husband, Eugene, one for Robyn, and one for her wife, Katrina. And at all three for $21, it’s totally within my budget!
You can either order all three with the same 24 pictures, or you can make them individual and use 72 pictures.
That’s what I’m doing. I’ve been snagging pictures from their Instagram and Facebook profiles so that each one is unique. I’m so excited to give these to them on Valentine’s Day!
Social Print Studio also sells many photo items such as displays, wall art and more. And shipping is free if your order is $50+. They have a referral program, so if you decide to order something from them, please use my code, 9GWSKHJBO2 when you order, and they’ll give me a little credit to use on my next order from them (and then you’ll get a code you can share with your friends).
Thoughtful Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Significant Other
If you want to show your love and appreciation for that special someone in your life, read on. (On the other hand, if you’d rather give him or her something fun, see the next section). Using one or more pictures near and dear to your heart, you’ll be able to make this special day unforgettable for that significant person in your life.
2. MyPhoto has beautiful and unique photo gifts made from acrylic, glass, metal and wood. And starting at $12, they are very affordable, too. Shipping is free at $59+ and they pride themselves on their packaging.
Every package should arrive carefully, expertly packed, worthy of a “WOW” as soon as the box is opened. You can make your gifts even more personalized by adding a free custom note at no extra charge.
One of the coolest things about MyPhoto’s website is that you can upload your photo and see what it will look like on every product they sell.
3. If you’d like to design the perfect card for your significant other, Mixbook has some great layouts for Valentine’s Day – and you can order just one! They also have some great designs that kids would love as well, so you might as well make several!
In addition Mixbook has some photo books formatted particularly for romance or other love stories. Good for kids, best friends and more.
4. Artifact Uprising doesn’t have specific Valentine’s Day gifts, but they have more than a page devoted to “Gifts for Him.” Definitely unfussy and not particularly feminine, nevertheless, any one of these gifts will melt his heart.
Fun Valentine’s Day Gifts For the Kids in Your Life
Although there’s no shortage of suggested Valentine’s Day gifts for kids, a photo gift rises above the rest in terms of meaning. The rest will be forgotten once eaten or set aside, but a photo gift is a gift that keeps giving.
5. I always loved fun socks as a kid, and Sockprints has a Valentine’s Day collection. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a pair of print-to-order fun, personalized Valentine’s socks. Some you can also add names or initials to. They offer free shipping on orders of $35 or more.
6. One of my favorite gifts to give younger children is a personalized photo puzzle. Ellisi Gifts offerscardboard and hardboard puzzles that you can personalize with photos, and some of them are on sale right now for 40% off for Valentine’s Day.
8. Even though 2021 has already started (and boy, has it started!) it’s not too late to gift a photo calendar. This is a great way to keep precious moments in front of someone all year long. Forever has some great calendar templates and they are all 25% off through the end of January.
9. If you need something a little bit more elegant, Pictures on Gold‘s Valentine’s sale promises up to 75% off plus free shipping on orders over $75. They offer a 100% lifetime guarantee with waterproof and scratchproof pictures.
10. And again, there’s always Amazon. Here’s a collection of photo gifts not specifically for kids.
So there you have it – my Valentine’s Day Photo Gift Guide. Photo gifts are unique and meaningful – not boring or common! Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to bless someone you love with something they’ll treasure for years to come.
If you’d like some ideas for handmade photo gifts, be sure to check out this post.
Let me know below if there’s anything you liked in particular or know for sure you are going to order. Me – I’m off to snag more photos for my Tiny Books!
AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH WILL REWARD ME MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE WHEN YOU USE THEM TO MAKE QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
Need help finding just the right photos for your photo gifts? Join my Family Photo Keeper’s Community and you’ll get all the help you need even if you don’t know where to start (or you’ve started and stopped many times before).
You’ll receive my weeklyish newsletter, and, as a bonus, I’ll send you my “Getting Started” Checklist.