Do you have boxes and bags of old photographs? Or maybe your childhood is on slides? Do you have documents worth preserving with your photos, such as old birth certificates, passports or service records, etc.? Would you like to incorporate these things into your digital collection so you can have everything organized and secure in one place? Our Photo Scanning Services may be just what you are looking for!
We can scan your photos, documents and slides and return your digitized images to you on an external hard drive (provided by you or purchased on your behalf) or we can upload them to a permanent, guaranteed cloud vault. Once you have your photos scanned, it’s a snap to create photo gifts or books, or to share them with friends and family members across the globe.
Photo Scanning Services
Premium 1K Photo/Document Scanning Package – $300
Up to 1000 loose photos and/or documents 3 x 3 to 8.5 x 17. Additional photos and/or documents are priced in increments of up to 100 = $30.
- You do not need to count them – the scanner will do that. 100 photos stacked flat (modern-day thickness) is approximately 1 inch high. Six to seven pounds of photos is about 1000 – 1200. So an estimate is a good place to start. If you want them in any particular order, just arrange them beforehand. This package does not include photos smaller than 3 x 3, larger than 8.5 x 17, fragile/damaged or thick-backed heritage photos, newspaper clippings or double-sided scanning. Please see below for those additional prices.
Budget 1K Photo Scanning Package – $200
- Up to 1000 loose 4 x 6 photos in GOOD condition (not heritage or fragile). Must be in a single group – no dividers. Additional photos are priced in increments of up to 100 = $20.
Additional Charges to Photo Scanning Services
Scanning the back of the photo to capture handwriting and other information – if it can be done through the feed scanner – $0.10 per photo
- You must specify if you want this done and you must have these photos separated out from others ahead of time
Manual Scanning – $1 per photo or document
- photos/documents smaller than 3 x 3
- fragile photos/documents up to 8.5 x 11
- framed photos/documents up to 8.5 x 11 that must be removed from frame before scanning
- photos/documents up to 8.5 inches wide mounted on thick stock that cannot go through feed scanner
Manual Scanning of photos/documents larger than 8.5 x 11 (must be “stitched” together) or photos to be scanned on both sides that cannot go through feed scanner – $1 per scan
- An 8.5 x 17 document or a photo to be scanned on one side (and that couldn’t go through feed scanner) would require 2 scans, so would cost $2
- An 16 x 20 photograph would require 4 scans, so would cost $4
Manual Scanning of Photo Album or Scrapbook Pages – $1 per scan (pages larger than 8.5 x 11 will require more scans, generally 2 – 4)
- Photo Albums and Scrapbook Pages are scanned in their entirety. If you would like the photos saved as individual files, this cost will be added to the Page Scan Price – $0.30 per photo
Slide Scanning Services
Premium 500 Slide Scanning Package – $300
- Up to 500 loose slides or in storage trays (not in a carousel or tray that fits my scanner)
- Additional slides are priced in increments of up to 50 = $30.
Premium Carousel and Tray Slide Scanning Prices
- Carousels and trays must be compatible with a Kodak slide projector (most 80 and 140 Carousels are).
- 80-Slide Carousel – $40
- 140-Slide Carousel – $70
- Slide Trays that fit my scanner – $0.50 cents per slide
- There is a 10% Package Discount when 10 or more compatible Carousels and or Trays (mixed sizes OK) are submitted for one scanning job.
Our Promise to You
We understand how precious memories are. We will handle your treasured photos with the utmost care. In the rare event there is any mishap with a photo or document, we will do our best to make it right.
We scan your photos at 600 DPI and save as both TIF and JPG files. The JPG files will be delivered to you, as noted below. Fancy’s Photo Solutions will store the TIF files indefinitely on a dedicated solid state hard drive. We scan slides at 4500 DPI and save as JPG files. We also store these indefinitely.
You will receive your originals back (unless you authorize us to securely dispose of them) and your optimized digital images will either be uploaded to a permanent, guaranteed cloud storage site or copied to an external hard drive provided by you or purchased on your behalf (additional charge). Dust removal and post-scan image enhancement and cropping will be done as needed and is included in the price. Restoration, editing, and color adjustments, beyond basic image optimization, are not included, but can be requested as a separate service. Also included in your price is the New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax of 8.1875% – you will not be charged an additional amount to cover this required fee.
If you have any questions, email me at Fancy@FancysPhotoSolutions.com